THE ALPHA COURSE
Please select from the following items for more information:
Alpha is a series of interactive sessions exploring the basics of the Christian faith.
Each session looks at a different question and is designed to create conversation. There is no pressure, no follow-ups, and no charge. Alpha is an open, informal, and honest space to explore and discuss life’s questions together.
The talks are designed to be engaging and inspire conversation. Usually around 30 minutes long, they explore the big issues around faith and unpack the basics of Christianity, addressing questions like “Who is Jesus?”, “Why and how do I pray?” and “How does God guide us?”
“Alpha is where I was able to go with people from all walks of life and come together to discuss faith. We talked together, and we learned from each other” – Martin, Alpha Guest
Probably the most important part of any Alpha is the chance to share thoughts and ideas about the talk, without being corrected or judged. There’s no obligation to say anything; it’s an opportunity to hear from others, explore your own thoughts and feelings, and contribute your own perspective.
Alpha is a great opportunity for anyone (18 and older) to attend and ask those questions you have always wanted to ask and never found the opportunity to do so.
What is the meaning of life?
What happens when we die?
What relevance does Jesus have for our lives?
Holy Cross does not currently have an Alpha Course scheduled; however, if you are interested in the Alpha Course or if you have any questions about the Alpha Course, please get in touch with Rev. Carmen or Rev. Tony.
The following is a sample Alpha Course Schedule:
- Session #1 – “Is There More to Life Than This?”
- Session #2 – “Who is Jesus?” & “Why Did Jesus Die?”
- Session #3 – “How Can I Be Sure of My Faith?”
- Session #4 – “Why and How Do I Pray?”
- Session #5 – “Why and How Should I Read the Bible?”
- Session #6 – “How Does God Guide Us?”
- Session #7 – “Who is the Holy Spirit?” & “What Does the Holy Spirit Do?” & “How Can I Be Filled with the Holy Spirit?”
- Session #8 – “How Can I Make the Most of My Life?”
- Session #9 – “How Can I Resist Evil?”
- Session #10 – “Why and How Should I Tell Others?”
- Session #11 – “How Does God Heal Today?”
- Session #12 – “What About the Church?”