Candy Cane Tea & Bazaar
Saturday, November 21, 2015
Our goal this year is to offer our guests a good variety of baking, crafts, knitting and sewing, children’s activities, gently used books, plus refreshments in the Glad Tidings Tea Room. Of course we have a lot of fun in the process and the money we raise is used to support parish and outreach projects.
What can I donate?
- One-of-a-kind specialty handcrafted items from the creative corners of the parish. Including, but not limited to, crafts, knitting, sewing, paintings, bookmarks, crochet, woodworking, quilting – to name just a few.
- Jams and Jellies (or just the jars). Bring 4oz and 8oz Bernardin-type jam/jelly jars and stash them at the church. Parishioners are invited to take these jars home and fill them with some of your garden abundance: jams, jellies, and pickles.
- “Granny’s Attic” treasures and books table. Summer cleaning? Downsizing? This is the perfect destination for those rare and gently used household treasures: jewellery, china, tea cups, ornaments, crystal, books, CDs, DVDs, small appliances and electronics (must be in good working order). Yes, this is a good opportunity to recycle, but we are sorry that we are unable to accept certain items: clothing, hats, wigs, magazines, textbooks, encyclopedias, furniture, baby items, computers, printers, TVs. Not sure, check with Lynne Hubbard our treasurer’s convener.
When can I donate?
- Donations of crafts, gently used treasurers and books can now be dropped off at the church when you come to worship on Sunday mornings.
- Volunteers will be on hand on Friday, November 20, 2015 from 1pm until 7pm to receive your donations. This is a great time to bring your donations of fresh baking for the tea room and deli table!
- Some donations can be made early Saturday, November 21, 2015 (before the big event), but please arrange with the convener beforehand.
How do I volunteer?
There is a sign-up sheet on the bulletin board by the kitchen. Can you help out on the big day? Please sign-up, say yes to one of our team of coordinators right away and get ready to roll up your sleeves! Pick up the phone and give the conveners a call to see how you can help out. Do you have a favourite recipe for squares? Sign up to donate a square to the Glad Tidings Tea Room. We are especially eager to find a volunteer to coordinate decorating and a few strong fellows to set up tables and chairs on Friday and the same few or others to take them down on Saturday. Hint: signing up as a volunteer saves the coordinators a lot of phoning.
Please do not hesitate to give one of our conveners a call:
403-208-4260 (Laura May)